it must be monday

Good god it’s 8:30 am and I’m already done with this day.

Let’s recap the timeline of events for you shall we?

12:30 am – Awakened by DH’s snoring. He has massive allergies and although it’s been really good lately, last night was as bad as it gets. Give up and move to the guest room. Of course I can’t go back to sleep until I go pee.

2:30 am – Awakened by the boy, crying because he peed in his bed. This is an extremely rare occurrence for him. Generally only happening a couple times a year and only when he’s extremely tired. I can’t bear to change the sheets and the mattress cover since to do so requires pulling off all 200 stuffed animals on the bed. Decide to do it tomorrow and let him come to the guest room with me. After I go pee, again.

3:30am – Finally go back to sleep.

5:30am – Awakened by the sound of cat puking on the floor near me. As soon as I move he runs and pukes more in the hall. Deja vu? No, I’m in just hell. And have to pee again.

6:00am – Hear DH get up for the day.

6:30am – Cute little boy next to me wakes up and snuggles in close. Highlight of the day.

6:45am – Cute little boy decides to go see daddy. Luckily I know Daddy will feed him breakfast.

7:10am – DH wakes me up. Gotta get the boy ready for school. (After I pee!)

8:00am – Walk down to the bus stop. It’s scheduled to arrive at 8:08 but is usually there at 8:05.

8:16am – Bus has still not come yet. Did I somehow miss it? Give up and walk back up the damn hill to the house. Resign myself to driving him in. Late.

8:20am – See bus pass by the intersection as I pull up to it.

8:22am – Can’t catch up in time for the next stop.

8:23am – Frantically beep horn as I pull up at the next bus stop. I hit panic button on keychain and can’t turn it off. Wake up neighborhood! Thank god bus driver waits. Bus was late due to mechanical difficulties. She is very sorry. I adore her. Boy gets on bus.

8:26am – Finally get coffee. Think about cleaning up cat puke and pee sheets. Blog instead. Do I have time for a nap before I have to pick him up at 11am? I’d better not, the way this day is going, I might not wake up in time. Crap.

I hope the rest of you are having a better day than I am. If you’re not, feel free to vent!

Comments

10 Responses to “it must be monday”

1. Nicole on September 8th, 2008 8:19 am

I hate Monday’s, hence my post this morning. I have not had quite the adventure you have experienced thus far, but the fiancee did wake me up at 4:00 to help him find work clothes, and once someone in the house is up, the dogs think they should be up too and need to be let out. Of course fiancee does not believe this is his responsibility, because he has to go to work. And yes, the whole pee-ing thing is quite annoying. The kiddies got off to school without a hitch. But I am now realizing that two have soccer practice from 5:30 to 7:00 and I have a board meeting at 7:30 and plywood to paint for yard sale signs. So as I sit at my desk and ponder about all that I could be doing, I know I will be stuck here with very little to do. Oh, and school pictures are tomorrow… money, money, money, that I never seem to have.

Hope your day gets better.

Nicoles last blog post..I Hate Mondays

2. T with Honey on September 8th, 2008 9:32 am

Ugh! I think your morning deserves an extra cup o’ joe.
    Hope things are better this afternoon and you can enjoy the sunshine.

T with Honeys last blog post..Not a cure but this will make your cold more bearable

3. Monica on September 8th, 2008 10:58 am

oh….gawd….certainly hope your day gets better!

4. Christy on September 8th, 2008 7:09 pm

OMG–I have this same scenario every other week at least–except insert 2 cats and/or dogs puking! My girls are older, so they don’t generally wake up in the middle of the night anymore (except to pee sometimes) but the 4 pets usually make up for it! I love how you included how many times you have to pee–I thought I was th only one! 🙂

5. sometimessophia on September 8th, 2008 7:23 pm

The peeing certainly gets things in motion. First I pee, then I ruminate. Not happy thoughts, unfortunately. So many nights I’m up by 3:00am. Makes for a rather long day. 😮

sometimessophias last blog post..Hmmmm

6. Kaza on September 8th, 2008 8:10 pm

Okay, so I totally relate on the peeing thing. Whenever I’m awakened at night I can’t go back to sleep unless I pee. Although I sometimes ignore the urge if the kiddo is restless and might wake up if I get up (b/c she’s in our bed in the week hours, every night). Seems like everyone I know had a tough Monday today, so you’re not alone!

Miss you!

Kazas last blog post..What, I Have a Blog?

7. ErinSlick on September 9th, 2008 8:25 am

There is nothing worse than sleeping with a snorting, snarfing husband, until you add the cat hacking up a hairball to it. I bought an air filter — a DUAL PURPOSE air filter– it takes the allergens out of the air so he can breathe and the white noise blocks out all the sound. Love it.

ErinSlicks last blog post..I Love Rock Band

8. Cass on September 9th, 2008 8:46 am

You are right that is an equally craptastic morning.

Casss last blog post..Bring it on… but without the pom poms

9. we_be_toys on September 9th, 2008 10:56 am

We are thankfully, past the peeing in the bed phase, but just barely, so I feel your pain! Cat puke? Got the T shirt – I have a herd so there is always someone making yak sounds. Snoring husband? Ditto – I love it when I say “Honey, roll over on your side, you’re snoring”, and he says, from deep in sleep, “No I’m not.” Yeah, ‘cuz I’m just lying here, wide effing awake because you’re sleeping too quietly.
    Mondays are bad days – they really ought to be banned.
    Hope your Tuesday is better!

we_be_toyss last blog post..The Waiting Is The Hardest Part

10. we_be_toys on September 9th, 2008 10:58 am

I had to run and go pee, so I forgot to say: doesn’t everyone get up all night long to pee? All part of the high-glam world of women, I guess.

we_be_toyss last blog post..The Waiting Is The Hardest Part

Bad Behavior has blocked 276 access attempts in the last 7 days.