caped crusader

da na na na na na na na, da na na na na na na na, Batman!

Holy smokes Batman, where’s the fire?

Oh, yeah, these are the obligatory post-Halloween photos!

He was cracking me up with his Batman poses!

Trick or Treating was a blast of course. Some people went all out with the decorations. Who has that kind of time??

See the yellow Batman symbol on his shirt? I painted that! We had a hard time with the whole costume thing this year. He’s too big for a 4/5 and too small for a 7/8 and those are the only sizes costumes seem to come in. I ask you, WHY no size 6??

I had bought a 7/8 Batman costume on clearance after Halloween last year so he had the mask and cape already. I thought I would just buy him a black tee shirt with the symbol on it but the cheapest I found were about $15 plus shipping. Not a chance. So I took one of his old black tees, printed and cut out a symbol to use as a template and filled it in with fabric paint.

It came out pretty freaking good if I do say so myself and all I spent was ONE DOLLAR for the paint! The only extra items I bought were the gloves – and they totally made the costume – and a flashlight that beams the Batman symbol.

Then we went home, he fell into a sugar coma and I raided his stash for the good stuff. πŸ˜‰ Well really, all I did was take out the FULL-SIZE candy bars some people gave out. He doesn’t need that much candy, for sure!

I hope you all had a great Halloween too!

Comments

7 Responses to “caped crusader”

1. Christy on November 1st, 2008 6:30 pm

Holla! I took out all the full-sized ones (for me) too! Ha! Love the Bat-Signal!

2. Mary Beth (Cats, Books, Life is Good) on November 1st, 2008 6:32 pm

When the first Batman came out, my parents got us all stuff with the bat symbol. The girls got earrings and the boys got rings. My two younger brothers insisted on growing up and their rings fit my mother and me perfectly:) It’s quite a conversation piece.

Mary Beth (Cats, Books, Life is Good)s last blog post..Bloggy Giveaway Bonanza

3. transienttravels on November 2nd, 2008 6:57 am

That costume is so impressive!

transienttravelss last blog post..recession-proof your fancy meals

4. T with Honey on November 2nd, 2008 3:41 pm

Love, love, love the bat flashlight! That is a brilliant idea.

T with Honeys last blog post..And the winner is…

5. Auds at Barking Mad! on November 2nd, 2008 7:20 pm

The bat flashlight rocks!

It’s funny how timeless Batman is. And your son certainly rocked the costume!

Auds at Barking Mad!s last blog post..Sunday Surfing

6. Candy on November 3rd, 2008 8:52 am

Big Daddy says he remembers HIS son wearing a superman cape and a pic running down the driveway just like “the boy”…and with an uncanny resemblance. πŸ™‚

7. mumma boo on November 3rd, 2008 4:18 pm

Awesome job with the symbol on the t-shirt! He looked great! He definitely has the poses down. Maybe he can give Cenzo pointers with the mask next year. πŸ™‚

Bad Behavior has blocked 430 access attempts in the last 7 days.