life’s little irritations #10

Insomnia. And all the wonderful things that go along with it. Including but not limited to:

Then there are the actual causes of the insomnia:

So then there are the actual things that are in my head that won’t stop spinning. These are each tiny irritations in of themselves, but all balled up together create one big aneurysm of an irritation. The kind of stuff you know you can do nothing about, that there are no solutions for, especially at 4 am and yet you can’t stopping thinking about them but if you don’t your brain is going to explode.

It’s occurred to me more than once that if I could just stop needing to pee in the middle of the night I could avoid the majority of my sleepless nights. Other than actual dehydration, I have yet to find a solution for that though.

Anyway, here I am, wondering if it’s possible that writing all this down will now allow my mind to vacate all thoughts so I can lay down and go back to sleep…except…now I have to be up in one hour 45 minutes 30 minutes. Crud. I have to pee again.

Comments

6 Responses to “life’s little irritations #10”

1. beaglemum on November 13th, 2008 6:48 am

Gee, rough night?

2. mumma boo on November 13th, 2008 8:46 am

Insomnia and cat puke? Make sure you pamper yourself today – sounds like you need it!

3. sometimessophia on November 13th, 2008 9:23 am

One word: socks… wear little socks to bed.

Also, avoid liquids after dinner.

If the cat is older, may have a thyroid problem and have trouble absorbing food.

If you’re still up, go write a comment on my new, and largely untended blog http://menopausecafe.blogspot.com/

sometimessophias last blog post..Haiku – Writer’s Workshop

4. Mary Beth (Cats, Books, Life is Good) on November 13th, 2008 9:49 am

When I’ve got a ton of things racing around my brain at night, I turn the radio/ipod on down low, just loud enough for it to register. I make sure it’s playing songs I know the words to because then my mind sings along with the song and all the craziness eases out, and before I know it, I’m asleep.

Mary Beth (Cats, Books, Life is Good)s last blog post..KEEP MOVING! NOTHING TO SEE HERE!

5. Desiree - Mother Musings on November 13th, 2008 10:40 pm

Oh no. Sounds rough. Hope tonight is better for sleeping!

Ciao

Desiree – Mother Musingss last blog post..Wordless Wednesday 45th edition

6. Christy on November 14th, 2008 10:33 am

Although I feel bad for you with the having to pee constantly (b/c I can relate) I do take comfort in the fact that I’m not the ONLY one that has this issue! And I play the whole “if I fall asleep now, I’ll get 4 hours of sleep…” game too. Urgh!

Here’s to hoping you get in a nap! 🙂

Bad Behavior has blocked 360 access attempts in the last 7 days.