broken record

It’s day four of no power.

I’ve lost my funny. It fled as far down the electrical wires as it could looking for a more entertaining host. It left when it realized this is ‘clean out the yucky fridge day.’ There is no humor in spoiled food.

Things are really much better here. The house is up to 70 degrees. I had a glorious long hot shower and I still have internet. Who needs lights? I’m going to try to boil water over a candle so I can have a cup o’ ramen for lunch, only because I’m sick to death of fast food.

Thank you to everyone for your offers of help! I really am fine. Especially in comparison to people with trees in their roofs, frozen pipes, or that are still holed up in hotel rooms. I have a good friend who has had a generator going this whole time, but now her furnace broke down last night. Oy.

It would be harder if the boy was here, but knowing that he’s safe and happy at my MIL’s until whenever we get power back is definitely a relief. It’s easy to just take care of myself.

But did I mention there’s more bad weather coming tomorrow? Yeah.

Comments

7 Responses to “broken record”

1. T with Honey on December 15th, 2008 11:49 am

Lalalalalalaaaaaa!! I don’t see or hear that weather forecast.

And I’ll be doing the fridge clean out soon. Even though I got everything out it is starting to develop a bit of a funk in there. Nothing a few Clorox wipes can’t fix but not pleasant either.

T with Honeys last blog post..Don’t know what you’ve got till its gone

2. Melissa on December 15th, 2008 2:02 pm

What bad weather? Am I missing something?!

Melissas last blog post..Updates…

3. Sharon - Mom Generations on December 15th, 2008 4:08 pm

Oh… the electricity thing is what would get to me. It is all so romantic and “olden days” for a couple of hours, then the proverbial sh@* hits the fan… oh, that’s right, the fan runs on electricity! But anyway, I am happy that your little guy is nice and warm and safe and happy with his grandparents and that things are looking… well, lighter?

I hope all is well very, very soon. You guys certainly got hit where it hurts.

4. Desiree - Mother Musings on December 15th, 2008 5:52 pm

Oh my goodness. Stay warm!!! I’m thinking warm thoughts & sending them your way. Praying they get the power working again & that warmer weather makes it way to you!

Warmth.. warmth.. warmth!

Take care.

Desiree – Mother Musingss last blog post..Wordless Wednesday – 49th Edition

5. sometimessophia on December 15th, 2008 5:58 pm

It’s Monday evening, and we finally have power and water. YEAH!! The furnace is up and running again… and the house is a balmy 53º. Hope to hear that you’re out of the dark soon, too.

sometimessophias last blog post..Deep Freeze

6. Stimey on December 16th, 2008 12:15 am

Seriously, I would have packed up and left a long time ago. You’re kind of my resilient hero right now. You don’t need the funny because you have the strength. And the internet.

Stimeys last blog post..Extra! Extra! Team Stimey is Well-Behaved!

7. I miss cooking | Catnip and Coffee on December 16th, 2008 1:08 pm

[…] I said I was gonna heat water over candle so I could make ramen for lunch yesterday? […]

Bad Behavior has blocked 436 access attempts in the last 7 days.