not ready for this

Snow. Lots and lots of snow. 10 inches overnight last night, and it hasn’t stopped yet. Another 7-12 inch storm is coming tomorrow. Generally, we don’t get this much snow until January. At this point, I think it’s physically impossible to get the rest of my errands done.

No question that it’s going to be a white Christmas around here!

I caught George laying on the back of the couch in the picture window checking out the snow. He sure as heck won’t go out in it but he loves to look at it! (The lights are on the tree inside the house.)

It disturbed him that I was in his face but he couldn’t get to me. He kept rubbing his head on the window trying to get me to pet him.

If I had to pick one good thing about blogging, I think it would be that it’s making me a better photographer. I’m much more purposeful about what I shoot now. I just never paid that much attention before, and I always considered DH the only good photographer in the family. That’s starting to change, slowly but surely.

Comments

9 Responses to “not ready for this”

1. followthatdog on December 20th, 2008 12:58 pm

My errands have been stalled by snow too. More the ice than snow, but still, christmas shopping is not happening, unless I do it online.

I love the photos, but am so happy we’re not getting that much snow here! our couple of inches are more than enough for me.

2. Candy on December 20th, 2008 8:22 pm

Catnip! Your pictures are phenomenal. George is so cute.

3. T with Honey on December 20th, 2008 8:57 pm

I love those pictures of George through the window.

Would you believe we went to the mall this afternoon? It wasn’t anywhere near as bad as I thought it would be. People are being a little more polite and patient – just a little but it made a big difference. Princess even got to see Santa and only had to wait for 5 minutes. Not at all what I expected.

Good luck with the snow! I can’t believe that it has been snowing for about 30 hours at this point.

T with Honeys last blog post..And the award for peskiest mother goes to…

4. sometimessophia on December 21st, 2008 12:58 pm

The picture of George on the back of the couch is really lovely, while the trunk/branches photo has a very Japanese feeling to it. Nice work.

sometimessophias last blog post..Mouse Number Four

5. Caro on December 21st, 2008 6:37 pm

The pics of George are amazing! The second one looks like a book cover! 🙂 Move over “DH”!

6. Krista on December 21st, 2008 7:42 pm

We got a lot of snow too! I think they’re running out of places to put it all. Today was a definite stay inside day, but I managed to wrap all of my Christmas presents, so that was a bonus!!

Kristas last blog post..6 Days Until Christmas

7. Kim @ Up North Mommy on December 22nd, 2008 10:17 pm

We’ve got lots and lots of snow up here in northern Michigan. According to Accuweather, we could get up to 13 more inches by Wednesday night.

Kim @ Up North Mommys last blog post..Home at last

8. Kaza on December 23rd, 2008 10:27 pm

Just emerging from the grading coma (the one that descends at the end of each semester after the grading is finished and the grades are submitted). Sorry you’ve been through the weather wringer lately… that sucks. We had one very small ice storm and a bit of snow but now it’s just sort of cold and rainy. No white Xmas for us. You’ve got enough for all of us! Great photos.

Kazas last blog post..I’m an Ingrid

9. Meg on December 30th, 2008 9:23 pm

I am NOT a cat person- however…. those George photos are wonderful!

Megs last blog post..36x365x128

Bad Behavior has blocked 434 access attempts in the last 7 days.