Flashback Friday: Red White and Blue

You know I’m not really one for participating in lots of blog carnivals, but I just couldn’t help myself this time. Anne Glamore at My Tiny Kingdom has started a new carnival for Flashback Friday! I’ve seen lots of Flashback Friday posts here and there over the last couple of years, but there hasn’t been an full out carnival for it. I’m so glad she did this because it gives me a great excuse to scan some of my old photos!

The theme this week is “Feeling Red, White and Blue.”

Apparently I wore a lot of red as a kid because it wasn’t hard to find the perfect picture for this one. What makes is more perfect is my mom. Hi Ma! I hope you don’t mind me posting this. 🙂 I think you are absolutely beautiful.

This was taken in March, 1977, just a month before I turned five. That chair is still in the same spot and it’s where she’s rocked and snuggled all of her many grandchildren over the years too.

Love you Mom!

xoxo

Annette (the one you still call your “baby”)

ps. Next week is “This Makes me Giggle” – I can’t wait!!!

Comments

6 Responses to “Flashback Friday: Red White and Blue”

1. Meg on January 16th, 2009 10:25 am

Beautiful picture~ your mom looks happy to the core- it’s in the eyes-

2. Candy on January 16th, 2009 10:40 am

OMG I LOVE it!!!! Now, that’s something I might even participate in. I love to take a walk down Memory Lane! And you haven’t changed a bit, you adorable thing!!!!

Candys last blog post..For the birds

3. mumma boo on January 16th, 2009 12:09 pm

What a sweet picture! There’s alot of love there.

mumma boos last blog post..Riddle Me This, Batman

4. Pocklock on January 16th, 2009 1:03 pm

I’ve been doing Flashback Friday for a while, but I had no idea it was an actual THING! Now I’m going to have to go join the carnival and hope they don’t come after me for stealing their title all the times I posted before!

5. Anne Glamore on January 16th, 2009 1:46 pm

That’s a precious picture. Thanks for participating!

Anne Glamores last blog post..Flashback Friday: Feeling Red, White & Blue

6. Kaza on January 17th, 2009 7:10 pm

What a sweet photo. I’m headed over to Blog Nosh to see what you put up there this week (though I’ve got to get the kidlet off to bed 1st, so I might not get to read it until tomorrow).

Kazas last blog post..Time for Renewal

Bad Behavior has blocked 468 access attempts in the last 7 days.