a little air

Did you know if you have a laptop that you’re supposed to clean out the air intake grills?

Well, I do now! Duh.

I wondered why my computer was running super hot. So I googled possible reasons. Air intake? What’s that?

Oh, those things on the front that I thought were speakers? Huh.

I thought I was killing yet another motherboard just by using it so much. Yes, I murder laptops on a regular basis – this is my third one in about 5 years.

Do you think maybe it’s because I never cleaned the air intake grills and they fried? ~headslap~

Comments

6 Responses to “a little air”

1. Daisy the Curly Cat on March 31st, 2009 1:07 pm

Oh guess what? Just a couple of weeks ago we got a Belkin Laptop Cooling Stand! The laptop sits on top, and it has a little fan, and it connects to a USB port on your laptop. It keeps it real cool! We got it for less than 20 green papers from Costco.

Daisy the Curly Cats last blog post..Split Second Timing…

2. ErinSlick on March 31st, 2009 2:25 pm

Oh wise Cleaner of Air Intake Grills, how, praytell, does one clean her very own intake grills? (This sounds mildly dirty, which is why I HAVE to say it.)

ErinSlicks last blog post..Who’s Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?

3. catnip on March 31st, 2009 2:29 pm

Erin – I used a “can of air” to blow out all the dust. (You can find it at Wal-Mart or any electronics store.) And there was a lot of dust. I blew out every grill on it just to be sure!

4. Kaza on April 2nd, 2009 5:29 pm

HI!!!! How ARE you???? I’m back, or trying to get back at least, and you are my very first blog visit, so you should like be all honored and stuff. ;) But it’s turning out to be very useful b/c my laptop has been running hot as well so I guess I’d better go buy a can of air. Sheesh. How are you supposed to know about these things? I hope you’re doing great.

5. mumma boo on April 3rd, 2009 9:47 am

Really? They’re not speakers? That’s what I thought they were, too! Maybe that’s why my brain is so fried these days – I need one of those cans of air to clear the cobwebs. ;)

6. Stimey on April 5th, 2009 12:02 pm

They’re not speakers? I’m getting some canned air right now.

Stimeys last blog post..Stimey Mood Update…Now With More Gerbil