the tulip

For some reason, I get lots of tulip greenery popping up in my garden each year, but only one ever blooms.

It’s always gorgeous.

I just wonder what’s wrong with the rest of them.

Are they intimidated?

Comments

9 Responses to “the tulip”

1. T with Honey on May 4th, 2009 10:13 pm

If they are pushing up stems, develop the tiniest flower bud and then the bud disappears I know what your problem is… squirrels. I used to have the same exact problem in my yard. Tried pepper spray and all sorts of stuff to chase them away but the little rodents would just treat it as seasoning and chomp those tasty tulip buds off as I shook my fist from the front window.

Suddenly 2 years ago the stopped eating them. I wonder if they moved over to your place.

2. Angella on May 5th, 2009 12:58 am

We planted tulips for the first time and they are finally blooming…

3. LifeAsIKnowIt on May 5th, 2009 8:45 am

wow – beautiful! although for a second I thought that first one was a spider…
    Still waiting for spring to bring beautiful blooms here. Shouldn’t be too much longer!

LifeAsIKnowIts last blog post..Tick Season

4. Krista on May 5th, 2009 10:12 am

They probably are intimidated – that is a beautiful flower! And you took awesome pictures of it!

Kristas last blog post..I Can Hear My Knitting Laughing at Me

5. mumma boo on May 5th, 2009 2:08 pm

Gorgeous! Sadly my tulips have bloomed and dropped petals for the most part. Between the squirrels and one curious little boy, they didn’t stand much of a chance this year. 🙂

6. Becky Mochaface on May 5th, 2009 5:18 pm

Beautiful! Now if I could only get flowers to grow that beautiful

Becky Mochafaces last blog post..Tuesday Trivia: Food

7. moonspun on May 8th, 2009 9:37 am

That’s breathtaking!

moonspuns last blog post..Labels and sexuality

8. Heather on May 8th, 2009 4:31 pm

Maybe they need every bit of blooming-ness to make this one gorgeous tulip. And isn’t one gorgeous tulip better than a dozen “just okay” ones?

Heathers last blog post..Tapestry: Want Fries with That?

9. Kaza on May 8th, 2009 10:40 pm

Wow. Amazing photos!

Kazas last blog post..I Can Smell Summer…

Bad Behavior has blocked 355 access attempts in the last 7 days.