this should have just been a bullet post

I have spent all my time this week doing just a couple of things – healing, sleeping, and trying to catch up on work. Healing is going well, the other two? Meh.

I’m a stomach sleeper. Always have been. I hate, hate, hate sleeping on my back. Needless to say I can’t sleep on mah belly right now. Or even my side. So I don’t sleep much at all really. Kinda stinks since sleep is what I need the most right now.

Work is tough because I just feel so overwhelmed by how much I need to get done, and yet my brain, she cannot focus. Big bad cycle that is.

Thank god for good friends who have taken my boy for playdates a few days this week. Especially Kristen who had him from 8am to 5pm yesterday. I really needed that. Like desperately.

Speaking of desperation. Damon leaves for another business trip tomorrow. Early Saturday am to late Thursday pm. I’m not quite sure how I’m going to manage.

I can’t even drive yet but I’m hoping to feel up to it in the next couple of days. I’m off all the pain killers so I’m allowed, yet my stomach muscles just don’t feel right and I don’t know what my reaction time would be if I had to slam on the brakes or something.

I still have nothing (no really) to wear to BlogHer and shopping this weekend is out of the question. Next weekend my home girl Nicole is going to drive me around and carry my bags so I can at least get something cute to wear. That hopefully fits. (Good lord, Tim Gunn is going to be at BlogHer Saturday so I need one good outfit!)

My body is so strange right now. I’ve lost an additional 7 lbs due to my all-liquid-all-the-time diet in the hospital. (Not including the 15 lbs of IV fluid gain/loss too.) However, my stomach feels very swollen and I can’t yet button the size I was in before I went into the hospital. That really stinks. I’m hoping the swelling goes down before I need to try on clothes.

The good news is that extra 7 lbs – if it stays off – brings me to a grand total of 34 pounds lost. (Okay so yesterday I subtracted in my head and it was 39. I’m going with 34 but it might really be 39 – I’m losing track of where I started.)

Thirty freaking four pounds. I’ve never been this committed, not ever. Now I just have to get past this little gallbladder hurdle and get back on track. Well, in about five more weeks that is. I do worry that as I feel better my appetite will come back I will put some pounds back on while I can’t exercise. Worry, worry.

Sorry this post was so random! I just looked back and it’s just a jumble, but I’m going to leave it that way, because that’s just where my head is at this moment. I shoulda just done bullets.

xoxo

Comments

13 Responses to “this should have just been a bullet post”

1. Weight Loss » Blog Archive » this should have just been a bullet post on July 10th, 2009 10:57 am

[...] Original post by Catnip and Coffee [...]

2. moonspun on July 10th, 2009 11:01 am

ah, this may seem like a silly question given your surgery, but you are working now because….????
    It takes time to be and feel normal and it’s frustrating, but you’ll look fab at Blogher no matter what!

3. AnnetteK on July 10th, 2009 11:04 am

No, it’s a good question. I’m working because I’m a freelancer and I don’t get paid if I don’t work. No disability either. And if I don’t meet my deadlines I might not get another contract from my client. Working from home is normally a good thing, but in this case it has a downside.

4. Kaza on July 10th, 2009 12:47 pm

That sucks when you can’t use your comfy sleeping position! I had the same problem post c-section. I’m a side sleeper, but for some reason couldn’t stay on my side after the surgery. I did finally learn how to sleep flat on my back, but it took many nights to train my body to relax that way. I hope you can get some good rest soon!

5. Helen/Dudley on July 10th, 2009 1:23 pm

I totally understand about not being able to sleep. I’m a side, curled up kind of sleeper and cannot sleep flat on my back either, so my sympathies. Hopefully, each day you will start to feel just a little bit better but I think it’s going to take a long time before you feel 100%. We are so excited about Tim Gunn also.

6. Niki on July 10th, 2009 3:17 pm

Cool that Tim Gunn is going to be there. I like his show Tim Gunn’s Guide to Style.

I hope you feel better soon.

7. Becky Mochaface on July 10th, 2009 5:41 pm

So jealous you’re going to BlogHer. But you’re going to look FABULOUS!

8. Melissa on July 10th, 2009 7:14 pm

Eeeek working stinks. Especially when you’ve just had major surgery on your abdomen.

At least you get to go to Blogher though.

9. AnnetteK on July 10th, 2009 7:16 pm

I love you guys – clearly going to BlogHer really is the upside to everything right? ;)

10. mumma boo on July 11th, 2009 10:17 pm

I can totally sympathize on the sleep thing. I either sleep on my right side or my stomach. Neither of which I was able to do while pregnant or post-c-sections. I’m expecting it’ll be the same when my third “child” exits my abdomen in *gulp* nine days. Glad to hear that your healing is going well, though! I bet the swelling will go down this week. Burp and toot as much as possible to get that residual air from the surgery out of there. ;)

11. AnnetteK on July 12th, 2009 11:18 am

Heh, well there’s no excess air to get rid of when they cut you open vs a lap. The swelling is the muscle trying to heal.

12. Pocklock on July 13th, 2009 4:13 pm

Go you and your 34 pounds. So you’re saying I’m only one gallbladder surgery away from my goal weight? Pssshaw. No big thang. ;-)

Can’t wait to (gently) hug you!

13. MommyTime on July 13th, 2009 7:49 pm

I just wanted to let you know that I’m thinking about you and hoping you get well quickly. I can’t wait to meet you in person in Chicago. As for shopping, do you have any friends who wear your current size? I have one or two friends like this and we take turns shopping in each other’s closets when we have sudden or one-time needs. It’s great to be able to borrow, especially if you aren’t up for going out and all the walking and movement of trying stuff on. Just a thought.

Can’t wait to hug you in person. Get well fast!