If you aren’t going to BlogHer, well, I’m sorry for this

It seems like everyone is writing a pre-BlogHer post this week. I’m of two minds about writing one of my own. As much as I am giddy with excitement, I know my non-bloggy friends really don’t understand the concept of going to a conference for blogging. Of all things. Blogging? Wha??

Beyond that, I remember what it felt like last year, (heck, and the year before too) when I stayed home while every blogger I read and wanted to meet was headed for San Francisco. Can you say burning flames of jealousy? I don’t want to make anyone reading here feel that way. Just know my friends, that I wish ALL of you were able to go to Chicago so I could meet each and every one of you.

In any case, most of the BlogHer posts I’ve read have basically been about angst. As in; don’t have any and you will be fine. Good advice, I can live with that. For some reason I’m not at all nervous about flying to Chicago on my own and meeting some 1,000 or so other bloggers. (Mostly) Women bloggers. Geeky (mostly) women bloggers. There’s no reason to have angst about meeting other geeks/dorks/nerds, right? Right. I mean I know I’m one anyway.

Anyway, here is my list of what I will be doing at BlogHer:

And now here’s the list of what I will not be doing at BlogHer:

There. That’s it. I did it. That’s my first real pre-BlogHer post. I hope it was good enough. (Oops, that was my angst showing.) Kidding!!

Seriously, though, you all know I’m KIDDING. I really don’t have angst. I’m just a little snarky.

Comments

9 Responses to “If you aren’t going to BlogHer, well, I’m sorry for this”

1. Deb on the Rocks on July 15th, 2009 7:37 pm

Drink tickets are good for several hugs, plus getting your swag carried for you. I’m in that line!

2. Mary :: A Merry Life on July 15th, 2009 11:36 pm

I’m thinking about wearing a “FREE HUGS” shirt. Good idea? (I’m a blogher newbie…and a little scared!)

3. Mocha on July 16th, 2009 4:36 pm

PLEASE feel free to hug me. I’m not a germaphobe by any means and I think it’s a great way to share our spirit.

Wow. That sounded so….hippie of me.

4. magpie on July 16th, 2009 4:49 pm

Can’t wait to hug you!

5. Susan on July 16th, 2009 10:25 pm

I have burning flames of jealousy! So glad we could have a pre-meetup though.

Can’t wait to read your posts, post-BlogHer.

6. moonspun on July 17th, 2009 7:29 am

I have such a great picture of you just hugging the whole BlogHer world!
    Oh and I think, you should tape a picture of your scar on your belly (you know the one that you so nicely posted at my request) so when someone asks you why you aren’t bowling or holding their kid, you can just point….

7. Momisodes on July 17th, 2009 9:49 pm

Can’t wait to hug you in Chicago!

I was one of those incredibly jealous people at home last year, too.

8. Liz@thisfullhouse on July 20th, 2009 2:47 pm

Yay, us huggers have to stick together — see you in Chicago!!!

9. Kaza on July 22nd, 2009 11:19 pm

I can’t believe a year has gone by since last being jealous of everyone going! I’m so glad you are though, even if I can’t be there to get my hugs. I will want DETAILS when you return (email what you can’t post!). Safe travels! Tweet when you can!