If you aren’t going to BlogHer, well, I’m sorry for this
It seems like everyone is writing a pre-BlogHer post this week. I’m of two minds about writing one of my own. As much as I am giddy with excitement, I know my non-bloggy friends really don’t understand the concept of going to a conference for blogging. Of all things. Blogging? Wha??
Beyond that, I remember what it felt like last year, (heck, and the year before too) when I stayed home while every blogger I read and wanted to meet was headed for San Francisco. Can you say burning flames of jealousy? I don’t want to make anyone reading here feel that way. Just know my friends, that I wish ALL of you were able to go to Chicago so I could meet each and every one of you.
In any case, most of the BlogHer posts I’ve read have basically been about angst. As in; don’t have any and you will be fine. Good advice, I can live with that. For some reason I’m not at all nervous about flying to Chicago on my own and meeting some 1,000 or so other bloggers. (Mostly) Women bloggers. Geeky (mostly) women bloggers. There’s no reason to have angst about meeting other geeks/dorks/nerds, right? Right. I mean I know I’m one anyway.
Anyway, here is my list of what I will be doing at BlogHer:
- Hug everyone I meet. I’m a hugger. You’ve been warned. Some people that I really want to get my hands on will get double or triple hugs. You should know who you are by now.
- Text everyone whose cell number I have – so I can find them and – you guessed it – hug them. If you’re reading this and I don’t have your cell number you need to email me right now. And you can have mine too.
- Not have any angst.
- Go to every single party I possibly can go to. Um, and probably some sessions too. Heh. I counted and I’m rsvp’d to five different parties on Friday night alone, not counting the official BlogHer cocktail party. Oh, my.
- Cheer on the 5k participants when they cross the finish line Friday morning. And probably hug them too.
- Squeeze (get it?) every bit of fun I can out of the time I’m there.
And now here’s the list of what I will not be doing at BlogHer:
- Have angst. Nope, none.
- Drink copious amounts of alcohol even thought it will be readily available. I’m sure I’ll be popular with those wanting my extra drink tickets. 😉 I didn’t say I wouldn’t have A drink, just not multiple ones. I just don’t know how my body would react to it right now.
- Sleeping. I can sleep when I get on the plane home.
- Bowling. Even though I rsvp’d to BowlHer I can’t actually lift a bowling ball right now. You’ll find me lounging somewhere in the bowling alley. Or hugging people who are trying to bowl.
- Carrying other people’s babies around. Not that I won’t want to, but I won’t be able to lift them either. If you have a baby and you want me to hold it, just tell me to sit first and I’m so there. Just don’t go to far away so I can give it back. Cause that’s the best part about other people’s babies – giving them back. 😉
- Worrying about clothes and shoes. I will be cute and I will be comfortable, but I will not stress. I have my $3.99 fake spanx and I will be fine no matter what I wear over them.
There. That’s it. I did it. That’s my first real pre-BlogHer post. I hope it was good enough. (Oops, that was my angst showing.) Kidding!!
Seriously, though, you all know I’m KIDDING. I really don’t have angst. I’m just a little snarky.