dregs

Dudes. My blog is depressing. Maybe that’s why I don’t come here so often anymore.

I seem to go to a lot of funerals. Another one of my Aunts died this week, another of my father’s siblings. And another funeral to attend this coming Tuesday.

I’ve seen so many people do this great “best of 2009” round up posts so to cheer myself up I thought I would take a look at my archives and see what I could link to as my “best of.” Except all I can find are “not the worst of 2009” posts.

I wrote far too much about trying to lose weight. I posted far too many pictures of my cat. I became a quintessential mommyblogger, (even though I hate that term.)

My one shining moment of true hilarity was cause I was doped up on pain meds. Honestly, I haven’t written anything humorous since them because I just can’t compete with myself. Ooooo, I last saw my funny at the hospital!! Maybe it’s at the lost and found! ~sigh~

See? My best posts are the pathetic dregs of the blogosphere.

Dear 2010,

Bring back the funny.

xo

Annette

ps. Rest in peace Aunt Lee.

Comments

10 Responses to “dregs”

1. Amira @ Define "Mature" on December 31st, 2009 11:26 pm

I’m sorry to hear about your aunt. And really, who can be in a cherry, fun-loving mood when surrounded by funerals?

If it’s any consolation, I knew I’d be back to read more of your blog when I first found it. I’m looking forward to more posts -sad, funny, or drugged up.

And last but not least, Happy New Year to you and yours!

2. Amira @ Define "Mature" on December 31st, 2009 11:27 pm

Oops, I meant “cheery” and not “cherry”.

3. Mad Woman on January 1st, 2010 3:41 am

I am so sorry to hear about your aunt. It’s not been an easy year for you has it?

I still love coming to read about what’s happening in your life. You don’t need to be funny all the time. Or even often. Just be you. We’ll still be here 🙂

4. moonspun on January 1st, 2010 11:19 am

Sorry about your aunt…and I am with Mad Woman. I enjoy all that you post. We just expect you to be you…and we will read and comment and support and all that good internet love stuff.
    Happy 2010!

5. AnnetteK on January 1st, 2010 12:08 pm

I know y’all don’t care if I’m funny or not, but I care. xo

6. Daisy on January 1st, 2010 1:16 pm

I’m sorry for the loss of your aunt.

I am hoping 2010 will turn out to be a happy and wonderful year for you.

7. Phil on January 1st, 2010 2:14 pm

Whether good, bad, funny, or sad, your news-deprived far-flung sib appreciates each piece.

8. Fairly Odd Mother on January 2nd, 2010 9:58 am

Hope 2010 is better for you and your “funny mojo” comes back! It was a pretty depressing year; hard to find funny.

9. Stimey on January 2nd, 2010 6:14 pm

I’m so sorry about your aunt.

And I like cat photos.

10. mumma boo on January 3rd, 2010 9:15 am

I’m so sorry to hear about your aunt. Sending prayers to you and your family. I hope 2010 brings joy and peace your way. ((((HUGS))))

Bad Behavior has blocked 355 access attempts in the last 7 days.