some days I just shouldn’t be allowed to leave the house

Because I do things like this:

Those would be my new Christmas slippers.

I decided I need a last minute pre-New Year’s quick trip to the grocery store, so I grabbed my keys, my purse and took off. The minute I walked into the store I got a cart and headed for produce. As a I walked I happened to glance at my feet. D’oh!!

I forgot to change into shoes.

The old me would have cared enough to go back home and change. Seriously. The current me giggled, texted my friend about it and kept on shopping. 🙂 My jeans covered them up pretty well, and I’m hoping anyone who saw me just thought they were Uggs, but probably not if they saw the back of them…

I am that awesome.

Comments

8 Responses to “some days I just shouldn’t be allowed to leave the house”

1. Melissa on December 30th, 2010 8:20 pm

I have been known to do that from time to time.

2. Teresa on December 30th, 2010 11:25 pm

You are THAT awesome…that’s what I love about you.

3. Niki on December 31st, 2010 3:48 am

I sometimes glance down while driving shortly after leaving my house to make sure I changed out of my slippers and into shoes. I think one time I still had my slippers on, so I turned around and went back home to change shoes. Thankfully I was less than half a mile from home.

4. Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels on December 31st, 2010 6:39 am

he he 🙂

That would never happen to me – mostly because I don’t wear slippers, and I’d notice if I was walking to my car on the snowy ground barefoot 😉

5. Amira on December 31st, 2010 11:55 am

They’re hardly noticeable! Plus, they look super comfy, so whatevs!

At least you changed into jeans or “outside wear.” Jeans with house slippers doesn’t look anywhere near as off as pajamas and actual shoes. I just don’t not changing out of pajamas to go outside….

6. Amira on December 31st, 2010 11:56 am

don’t get*

7. moonspun on December 31st, 2010 11:58 am

Who knows, you could have started a trend!

8. Caro on January 1st, 2011 10:14 pm

That really was such a funny story….. I needed that laugh, for sure!

Bad Behavior has blocked 360 access attempts in the last 7 days.