New York City, in photos

Here are some of my favorite photos I took while I was in New York for BlogHer last week. It was so hard to choose! All of these were taken with my iphone.

Amtrak baby. So much better than flying.

I have a thing for taxi pics. I took a lot of them. I can’t explain it.

You know I couldn’t go to NYC without getting at least one shot of a manhole cover right?

I loved Central Park. I desperately want to go back and spend more time wandering there.

I pretty much want to go back and wander everywhere.

Comments

8 Responses to “New York City, in photos”

1. marty on August 9th, 2012 6:32 pm

Me too! It just made me want to go back for longer with nothing but free time and see everything!

2. Major Bedhead on August 9th, 2012 6:42 pm

Hey! I was with you when you took a lot of those. How did you get that gold effect on the manhole cover? I love it.

3. Annette on August 9th, 2012 6:59 pm

That was filtered in camera +, with clarity, and lo-fi.

4. jo(e) on August 9th, 2012 7:09 pm

I didn’t even realize that was a manhole cover at first! Next time I’m in the city, I’m going to start taking photos of manhole covers ….

5. magpie on August 10th, 2012 10:24 am

love the pictures – especially the manhole cover.

6. Megan on August 10th, 2012 3:32 pm

The manhole cover picture is outstanding. The rest? Also good! New York is an excellent subject. I’m sorry I didn’t get out and shoot it. Next time!

7. STACY JILL CALVERT – Blogher12 or Bust: The People Post, Part 1 on August 11th, 2012 4:33 pm

[…] Here are a few recaps from Zoey, Nikki¬†and this isn’t so much a recap as some photos from Annette¬†(who funny enough I met at breakfast before the panel). I also had some lovely conversations with […]

8. alejna on August 15th, 2012 10:09 pm

Beautiful photos! I love taking pictures of taxis, manhole covers (also storm drains), trains and fire escapes, too! It’s no wonder I love your photos. I love the effects you’ve gotten, too. I should play around with camera+ more.

Bad Behavior has blocked 292 access attempts in the last 7 days.