hamming it up
I don’t know what I’m doing here anymore. I pretty much just do bullet posts and photo posts and I’m boring myself. I can’t even imagine how bored you must be. Anyway! Today is Friday so that means bullets. You’re so welcome.
- I’m working again! Hoo-freaking-ray! I have a small project I’ve already started and a few big ones lined up to work on all winter. Phew. The in-between contract times can be scary so it’s good to know I’ve got enough work to keep me here at home.
- I suspected work would pick up right before Christmas (again) so I am completely DONE with all of my Christmas prep. I’ve bought and wrapped everything, including stocking stuffers. All of my cards are done, and the house is as decorated as it’s going to get. I’ve NEVER EVER been done this early before. Don’t hate me.
- It’s not like I did all that much anyway. Really, don’t hate me. Go read my philosophy on Christmas craziness. I’m here to talk you down.
- I already cooked my Christmas ham.
- I only bought it because it was on sale. We really do have lasagna for Christmas dinner every year. Breaking traditions since 2001!
- It was the best ham I ever made. (Relatively speaking. I’m not a ham snob so I’m sure there are GREAT hams out there but I can’t afford them.)
- You know how spiral hams kinda get all dried out so you gob on lots of sugary glaze? Blech. That does NOT make for good leftovers.
- We were supposed to go to Maine last weekend to visit family but you know Maine and it’s stupid freezing rain, and sleet, and black ice, and well, not so much with the traveling.
- Not planning to be home meant we had no groceries in the house. Except a ham.
- I put that sucker in a turkey size oven bag and poured a whole lot of ginger ale over it and stuck it in the oven. The bag kept it from drying out and the ginger ale toned down the saltiness. Hello fabulousness. I think any soda would work well, sprite, root beer, etc. BUT NOT DIET SODA. That would be bad.
- We’ve ham leftovers all week and we haven’t gotten sick of it yet. It’s a miracle.
- Ham, ham, ham, ham. Ham, ham, ham, ham. HAM.
- Ham salad with tons of vinegar and a smidge of mayo.
- Pea soup with ham. Damon normally hates pea soup. Damon loves MY pea soup. If you want a great pea soup recipe let me know.
- Pea soup is not photogenic. Like at all. I tried.
- I’m making chicken today. Because I might actually be sick of ham, a little bit.
I’m curious, what do you do for Christmas dinner? Do you go all out like Thanksgiving or do you go the simple route with take-out? We have lasagna because it’s one of the few meals Damon likes to make so I get to do absolutely nothing!
Bad Behavior has blocked 320 access attempts in the last 7 days.