So once again, I am doing a lot of this:
(I’m really not very good at taking pics with my iphone!)
while I do a lot of this:
(My son is not actually in this picture. Whoops! I don’t know why it’s only one I took. I’ll try to remember the real camera and get one of him next week!)
Yes, Josh is playing Fall Baseball. Yippee.
Really though? It’s better than soccer. There’s no whining in baseball, and there was always lots of whining in soccer. Something about all that freaking running.
The best thing about fall ball is there are no practices, only one game a week, every Saturday. It’s meant to be just for fun for those kids who really like baseball and don’t want lose all of their skills between seasons. I use the term skills pretty loosely here. Oh yeah.
The teams are of mixed ages, and Josh is the youngest on his. He doesn’t seem to mind the age and size differences, and he isn’t the worst player, so it’s going better than I anticipated. He also hasn’t been hit by a wild pitch yet, unlike a number of his teammates!
Anyway, this was supposed to be about me. On Saturday I was sitting in the stands starting a new crochet project, when a friend and fellow crocheter came over to sit with me. Her son was on the other team, and from the bleachers on the opposite side she had spied someone with fingers flashing. She knew that person had to be knitting or crocheting. And then she saw my hair.
I really am that obvious.
So who can guess what my new project is just by looking at the pattern? Hint: it’s part of Josh’s Halloween costume:
(That’s gold and burgundy, not cream and purple. Dang user error iphone.)
Filed Under crafting, humor, the boy Tagged Add new tag, baseball, crochet, the boy
It’s been that kind of week.
- Josh is on his second day home sick from school. Mostly cause of the pinkeye, but the coughing up a lung doesn’t help either. Neither does the massive amounts of snot.
- He’s missing picture day at school. He still get his picture taken later, but he won’t be in his class picture. Bummer.
- The eyedrops, oh, the @*$&% eyedrops. Every 2 hours.
- I’ve been to Target twice in three days and last night I realized we need more kid cold medicine.
- I can’t go back there again with a sick kid, I just can’t. Yesterday’s trip cost me a $35 Lego set while we waited for his eyedrop prescription to be ready. I just can’t say no to him when he’s this miserable.
- He’s not sick enough to just lie in bed and read a book though. He wants to do crafts! He must paint or die! And puzzles! All. Over. The. Place!
- I’m out of my coffee. The horror! I need my coffee. Especially today.
- How bad would it be to take my pestilential kid to the coffee shop?
- I have a headache.
- I’m desperately trying not to get sick too. I think I need a haz-mat suit. Clean up on aisle eye 7 2.
- I can’t tell if the headache is from lack of coffee or imminent illness.
- I have company coming tomorrow. I should probably warn them about the pinkeye, huh?
- Why isn’t it Friday yet? I need it to be Friday.
It’s been that kind of week. And it’s snot over yet.