So. I just can’t bring myself to do one of those year end wrap up posts linking you to all of the so-called interesting things I wrote this past year. Yeah right.
First of all, I’m almost a full week late now. I’ve been planning to write this for two weeks but I have like 3,000 work deadlines this month and we all know this blog is the first thing to suffer the consequences of me having to earn actual money. (The second is housework. Or is it the other way around? Seeing as I’m sitting here writing in a very dirty little house. Ahem.)
Honestly though, nothing in my 2011 archives was all that entertaining and well, I just didn’t write nearly often enough to bother. Bad, bad, blogger I am. Lucky for me I’d rather read blog posts than write them! There are gazillions of good bloggers out there writing fabulous stuff every day. Lucky for you I’m going to tell you about a few of my favorites. 🙂
These are women who write about anything and everything; work, relationships, kids, funny stories, heartache, whatever the topic, if they’re writing about it, I want to read it. Some of them you’ve surely heard of and others you might not have. Popularity doesn’t matter to me, good writing does. These are the blogs that when I spy a new post in my Google reader, I skip over everyone else to read them first!
I’m kind of a terrible commenter, so this is my way of saying thank you to them for being awesome. In random order here are some of my favorite bloggers of 2011:
- Dutch Blitz
- Magpie Musing
- An Amiracan Story
- The Bloggess
- The Spohrs are Multiplying
- Wendi Aarons
- Fairly Odd Mother
- Writing as Joe
- Sizzle Says
- In Pursuit of Happiness
So seriously, if there is ANYONE on this list you’ve never read before, GO RIGHT NOW!!
BUT WAIT! Before you go, tell me your favorite blogs? I’d love to find some new good reads. 🙂
Well I know some of you liked my cat link love post, and that makes me think a few others might like all the food sites that I’m addicted to! Some are well known, some not, but I drool over them all. No wonder my keyboard is a mess!
- Pioneer Woman Cooks – known for her glorious, yet artery clogging cooking. Oh my gawd! And you could lose yourself in her archives.
- Thursday Night Smackdown – warning bad language and fantastic food ahead.
- Bad Home Cooking – cooking with attitude, just awesome!
- Chop. Stir. Mix. – a couple of my bloggy friends have this site, but they had to both go and have babies! Can’t wait til you start updating regularly again girls!
- On Pans and Kneadles – I always want to make everything on here.
- ChefMom – this is Suburban Turmoil’s recipe site. No pictures, no fuss, just great recipes!
- Food Lovers Like Me – I just started reading this one, but I’m fascinated by her accounts of culinary school. So cool!
- Blissfully Domestic/Blissful Food – it’s only been around a few month, but it rocks!
Of course if you just want to just browse random food blogs, which I like to do sometimes, there’s a couple of great places to do that: FoodBuzz and Alltop. There’s million and one food blogs out there, what’s your favorite? I’m always looking for new ones. 🙂
Well, we’re on sick day #2. He coughed all night long so I let him sleep in, and now he’s upstairs tucked into my bed watching Sprout. It’s the longest I’ve ever seen him be still.
This post is just for my cat lover friends. You know my cat is like my other kid, and my kid loves cats as much as I do. We love to get online together and look at all the cute cat sites out there. Some of them you probably already know, I mean, who doesn’t know Lolcats?? But there are lots of other cute cat blogs that I love and I wanted to share with you.
- Itty Bitty Kitty Committee – some of the best cat photography on the web, and all for a good cause.
- Phyllis and the Aliens – Phyllis is a sweetie putting up with the aliens – kittens adopted from the IBKC.
- Agnes and Henry – love love love the kittens, who were also IBKC kitties.
- Dudley’s Diary – from the perspective of Dudley the kitten and his big kitty housemates.
- The Adventures of Robin and Finchy – orange tabbies on leashes? I’m hooked!
- Daisy the curly cat – also from the kitty’s perspective. Just started reading this one and I love it.
- Cat lovers site – not only cute pics but lots of good cat information too.
- Blogging Cat – great site – and check out the blogroll there for a whole bunch more!
Okay, now you know my secret blog lurking habit – it’s all about the cats. Got any other good ones for me?
Filed Under blogging, the cat Tagged blogging, blogs, cats, link sharing
Have you ever read a perfect post?
A post that makes your head spin, kicks you in the gut, and leaves you breathless?
A post that makes you makes you feel everything the author feels, as if it’s actually happening to you instead of her?
A post so wrenching you can barely eek out a comment because she’s rendered you speechless and blurry from tears?
I’ve read a post like that, just this week.
Mrs. Chicken, this Perfect Post award is for you:
She’s an amazing writer and she’s always been one of my very favorite bloggers, but this post? This one blew me away.