Ever since I’ve had a home of my own, I’ve bought myself flowers to plant on my birthday. When I lived in Virginia I could buy pretty much anything I wanted and put it in the ground right away, but up here in New Hampshire I have one choice – pansies. They’re the only flower that won’t die on me before mid-May.
(Last year’s pansies!)
Do you ever do anything special just for yourself on your birthday?
Things I’m wondering lately.
- Glasses or contacts? Or continue to have both even though my insurance doesn’t cover either so I have to buy them myself?
- How do I manage to forget either my list, my coupons, or my reusable bags – every time I go to the grocery store? And how sometimes I forget all of the above.
- Why do posts with cat pictures get the most hits and comments, and should I just give in to that and start a cat blog?
- Why can’t dinner cook itself?
- For that matter, why can’t the toilets clean themselves?
- Why do I always go off topic?
So the real the question is…
Huh. To heck with glasses or not, perhaps a better choice would have been make-up! Or better lighting. Or a good background. Or focusing. Or, ya know, make-up.
ps. Forgive the squinting, I just chopped up onions.
pps. I really want to know if I should start a cat blog too!
In honor of this being my 100th post I’m doing something I thought I wouldn’t ever do here.
I’m posting a photo of myself.
In going through my image library though, I’ve discovered something. I have very few pictures of just me. Almost every single one includes either the boy or someone else that might not want to be revealed here. So I chose one from when the boy was only 6 months old – so he’s not recognizable – but me? This picture is exactly me, even five years later.